This policy is updated from time to time. The latest version is published on this page. If you have any questions about this policy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We gather and use certain information about individuals in order to provide products and services and to enable certain functions on this website.
We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
What data we gather
We may collect the following information:
• Contact information including email address, postal address and phone number.
• Website usage data
• Other information relevant to client enquiries
• Other information pertaining to special offers and surveys.
How we use this data
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking for from the company, enabling us to deliver improved products and services.
Specifically, we may use data:
• For our own internal records.
• To improve the products and services we provide.
• To contact you in response to a specific enquiry.
• To customise the website for you.
• To send you promotional emails about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
• To contact you via email or telephone if there is a problem with a product you’ve ordered.
Cookies and how we use them
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
• Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
• Identify whether you are signed in to our website. A cookie allows us to check whether you are signed in to the site.
• Test content on our website. For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content.
• Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
• To recognise when you return to our website. We may show your relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
However, please note that doing this may affect how our website functions. Some pages and services may become unavailable to you.
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or the law requires us to.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, in line with the Data
Protection Act 1998.
We will always hold your information securely.
To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards.
We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Links from our site
Our website may contain links to other websites.
Please note that we have no control of websites outside the [domain name] domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.
Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data protection and privacy policies fully.
Confidentiality policy, record keeping and data protection
We are committed to providing a confidential service to our users which
• Meets statutory and legal requirements
• Respects users’ rights and interests
• Acts as a safeguard for the service provided by the adviser
We will not release the information you disclose to us to anyone else without your permission, except in the circumstances noted below.
1. Definition of Confidentiality We define confidentiality as a ‘circle of confidentiality’ within which staff members may discuss information with each other. We will hold any such discussions in an appropriate environment to ensure that confidentiality is respected.
2. Disclosure. There are occasions when we need to disclose information without first obtaining your consent, for example:
• Where we consider there to be a risk to you or to the wider community and/or
• Where otherwise required by law
Comments, Suggestions and Complaints Procedure
We are always looking for ways to improve our service. If you have any suggestion or comment, good or bad, we would like to hear it. If you have a complaint, please tell us. We hope that this way it can be resolved quickly, informally and to your satisfaction. If you are not happy with the way your complaint is dealt with we have a complaints procedure.
i Personal data shall be processed fairly and lawfully.
ii Personal data shall be obtained only for one or more specified and lawful purposes and shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose or those purposes.
iii Personal data shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose or purposes for which they are processed.
iv Personal data shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
v Personal data processed for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
vi Personal data shall be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects under this Act.
vii Appropriate technical and organisational measures shall be taken against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data.
viii Personal data shall not be transferred to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data.
We respect privacy.
All information will be stored securely and will not be shared with any
Last updated June 2018